Yesterday was the first day of summer. It’s hot here. Is it hot where you are?
1. Coca Cola brings refreshments to one of the hottest place on earth via Bio Cooler to a hot hot place.
2. Orange is the new Black meets Peanuts, odd how perfectly they blend together.
3. Feminist Texts for those pesky men you meet in bars who just can’t take a hint. Memorize this number ladies.
4. Starbucks now offers free college tuition! We hope other big companies are paying attention.
5. Banned Sneakers: they are so good the NBA has banned them form official athletic play.
6. The 100 Happy Days Challenge! 71% of people fail, are you up for the challenge?
7. Not your usual theme park, check out these hi-res photos of all the new stuff at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
8. How to cut a cake and maximize the moisture.
9.Remember the Mentos in diet soda trick? Check out this guy’s Mentos suit with a dunk tank full of diet soda.
10. The fight to change the name of the Redskins has taken a new turn in the form of a t-shirt. Let’s see if reverse racism makes any difference.
taken from summer lovin’ smiles
Friday again! Whoot! I hope everyone is as happy and excited as we are! Summer has arrived in full force so everyone don’t forget sunscreen and drink plenty of water. Here are some of our favorite links to get you through the weekend:
1. We all know IKEA is full of wonderful, affordable products but here are 10 products that work even harder for you in exceptionally small spaces!
2. When in need of the perfect quote for any given situation look no further that Lifehack Quotes. Plus the website is fun to explore too!
3. Take this quiz and see if you can guess random people’s ages. The best part? It is in the name of science!
4. The much anticipated trailer for This Is Where I Leave You was released this week! Can you name everyone in this star-studded cast?!
5. RIP Maya Angelou and thank you.
6. Graffiti Bees! Charming to us but a huge problem for honey manufactures.
7. Apparently the U.S. Government has a plan for everything, even for zombies.
8. Ah, the chocolate chip cookie…Tessa Arias, blogger and chef, conducted an awesome experiment in how to manipulate your cookie recipe.
9. We discovered Lady Pockets this week! A fashion blog for the strong, independent minded women, which breaks down the fashion of some of the most powerful and influential across industries.
10. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter gets a DRAGON and a few other things too!
Happy Friday everyone! It seems that May is in full swing and despite our allergies flaring up every now and then let’s remember to take a moment to relish in the blooming flora and pale blue skies this weekend! As always, here are our curious finds around the interwebs that we wanted to share with you all:
1. If you’re in the market for new flatware, these hilariously witty and blunt designs make for fun additions to the home.
2. Brazilian animators Disney-fy our favorite Game of Thrones characters. What more could you want in a three minute procrastination rabbit hole?
3. Skip to the 1:10 mark of this high school’s talent show recap to watch a kid totally kill it with his Michael Jackson dance moves!
4. Speaking of the King of Pop, have you watched the new music video for “Love Never Felt So Good?” featuring Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake? You won’t regret it.
5. As the post’s title suggests, “This is a GIF of a Vine of a video of a flipbook of a GIF of a video of a roller coaster.” Whew!
6. Photographer Winnie Au of Refinery 29 snapped 21 wedding couples saying I do! on the steps of New York’s famous city hall. Too cute!
7. DC Comics via Warner Bros. seems to have pitted two of their most popular heroes against each other. “Batman vs. Superman” will be released in May 2015.
8. Ever wonder what Lorde eats on a daily basis? Thrillist put together the top eight need-to-know dishes of New Zealand.
9. Victoria Smith of SFGirlByBay has set up shop over on Great.ly! Now how shall we protect our pocketbooks from such awesomeness?!
10. “How to pack like Nelly Bly” – a Victorian era journalist who raced around the world in 80 days!
The internet is a vast and wondrous place. While Grace and I live out our ordinary lives we still like to hunt for those happy gems that make us think and go, “neat!” So as always, here are our top ten “curious treats” for your weekend pleasure.
1. FastCo.Create showcased these lovely, paper crafted TV playsets.
2. Batman is getting a prequel in the land of television. Fox’s “Gotham” premiered it’s trailer and it looks kind of awesome!
3. Want a longer, lusher ponytail? Try this little trick without having to shell out the big bucks for extensions or Miracle-Gro.
4. It’s awkward enough when posing for a work photo with people you barely know. See how the presiding G8 council handled the affair! Obama seems to be the life of the party as always.
5. Our beloved F.R.I.E.N.D.S. went off the air 10 years ago this week! Check out these 27 unforgettable moments compliments of Buzzfeed.
6. 20-year-old photographer Melania Brescia has created these intimate and refreshing self portraits found here.
7. Who ever said flowers can’t grown down? Check out these awe inspiring flower installations!
8. Take a peek inside the fridges of some of the most prolific New York City chefs! You may just be surprised.
9. Ever check out Chronicle’s tumblr? Be warned. It’s quite addicting!
10. We can’t get enough of the Note To Self print shop over at Society6 – tres chic!
It’s Friday ya’ll and that means one thing! We’re ready for the weekend!
But to keep your curious minds at ease, Grace and I have pulled together our top 10 finds of the week to satisfy your ever curious appetites!
1. For all you Orphan Black fans, BBC America has finally released a season two trailer worthy of the show it’s promoting. Check it out here.
2. Samuel L. Jackson made a surprise appearance on Jimmy Fallon’s late night show and performed slam poetry in honor of Boy Meets World.
3. Unsatisfied with Gravity? Then have no fear! This Superman/Gravity mash-up explores an alternate ending to the space epic.
4. This hilarious McSweeney describes the epic tale of heroism as one man rises to the challenge to fix his girlfriend’s grandparent’s wifi.
5. Planning on shopping this weekend? Ann Taylor Loft and Kate Spade (Saturday included) are having quite the generous sales!
6. New York City is hosting The Fabergé Big Egg Hunt until April 17th. This is the second time this particular hunt has been put on. There is an app that, egg hunters and spotters are logging their finds. Good luck hunters!
7. New controversy surrounds the New York Mets as second baseman Daniel Murphy takes a leave of absence for wife and newborn. Apparently some baseball fans don’t agree with the leave.
8. A favorite blue grass band is back with a new album after a seven year hiatus, just in time for their 25th Anniversary. Nickel Creek’s A Dotted Line is awesome!
9. Found this article by Rebecca Hains, “What’s the Problem with Pink and Princess?”. So interesting to see the defense against pink.
10. Beautiful photographs of sunsets taken through shattered glass almost look like butterfly wings!