How’s the weather in your neck of the woods? It seems, wherever you are in the continental US, strange patterns have arrived this summer. It’s a cool and breezy 60-something in the Midwest, we’re drowning in the thick, mugginess of heat and rain in the NE, and the west seems to be having a mad case of sporadic infernos.
But to ease us from the pangs of summer (Mia’s a fan of winter here on CFC), we’ve rounded up little curiosities for you to enjoy this mid-July weekend!
1. A simple enough Pimm’s Cup recipe to set your spirits in the weekend mood.
2. This touching site aims to help a grandson identify photographs taken by his Alzheimer-ridden grandfather…
3. Watch Kiera Knightley struggle in adulthood and befriend a teenage Chloe Moretz in this Laggies trailer!
4. Let your jaw drop at these beautifully crafted steel dandelion fairies currently display on the UK.
5. Can’t score a username and password for HBOGO? Well have no fear! Here are four super cheap and legal ways to get your binge watch on.
6. Everyday puns cutely illustrated FTW!
7. We could stare at these fun kitchen accessories all day.
8. Brit + Co shows us how to eat these nine in season veggies 18 different ways!
9. The National WWI Museum in Kansas City takes the infamous Ferdinand assassination to Twitter, 140 characters at at time.
10. Thank you Refinery29 for this all-budgets guide to wedding gift giving!